Everyone knows the concept of six degrees of separation – that everything or everyone can be essentially connected in six steps, or even fewer. Luckily we have awesome film bloggers like Nostra of My Filmviews to create a super fun blogathon around this intriguing concept! Here’s what Nostra says about this challenge of cinematic connection:
Get ready to test your knowledge of actors/movies and directors with the six degrees of separation blogathon. You will get two names of either actors/actresses/directors or movies and what you will have to do is make a link between them in a maximum of six steps.
The amazing Karamel Kinema (one of my absolute favourite film bloggers) has tagged me to connect the dots between the classic film Casablanca (1942) and the uber cute actor Dane DeHaan! I haven’t seen any of Dane DeHaan’s films so this was a tough challenge! I had about a million Wikipedia windows open at one time but I got there eventually.
Without further ado, here are the six degrees of separation between Casablanca (1942) and Dane DeHaan.
1. Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca (1942) starred in The African Queen (1951) with the beautiful Katharine Hepburn.
2. Katharine Hepburn starred in Bringing Up Baby (1938) with a pet leopard, and handsome specimen Cary Grant.
3. Cary Grant starred in North by Northwest (1959) with Martin Landau.
4. Martin Landau starred in B*A*P*S (1997) with Halle Berry, and this picture is absolutely amazing.
5. Halle Berry starred in Movie 43 (2013) with Emma Stone. If you’d like to read my review of this film, here it is. I still maintain this was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.
6. Finally, Emma Stone starred in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) with the one and only Dane DeHaan (he’s the one in the air).
That was tough! This is a relay blogathon, so I’ll be passing the baton and tagging… Cara of Silver Screen Serenade! I challenge you to elucidate the six degrees of separation between Dane DeHaan and Max von Sydow! (I fixed up an image that includes the two actors for you here.)