Hello everyone! I’m back from a little unplanned/unexpected/unannounced hiatus from blogging. Work has been slightly nuts this month, so I’ve been coming home and trying to get as little ‘screen time’ as possible. However, that has not stopped me from becoming obsessed with the Jackson Hole town square livestream (seriously necessary viewing). I’ve been watching a whole bunch of films but also a lot of Law & Order: SVU. Long story short, it wasn’t much of a break from screens, but now I’m back and excited to write about some of the films I’ve been enjoying recently.
Even though I’ve missed out on the majority of September over here, I still wanted to celebrate the blogs and posts I loved during August. So, below is a slightly shortened dot-point version of my usual monthly favourites fare, but I hope you enjoy the links nonetheless.
- JW of Film & Nuance shared his most favourite movie scenes, a most excellent selection of films!
- The delightful Vinnie posted his personal ranking of all the James Bond films.
- AnOther Magazine shared a fun list of five surrealist films that everyone should watch post haste.
- I loved Netflix series Stranger Things, and also Mettel Ray‘s fantastic post about Stranger Things.
- Brian of Hard Ticket to Home Video called attention to the googly-eyed double-taking man from Caddyshack (1980).
- Movie Morlocks posted a pretty excellent write-up of classic schlock film Zardoz (1974).
- Alex posted two great posts on the Olympics – gr8at sporting photos, and gr8at stylish photos.
- Brad of Bradscribe had a fun beach party, and also mused upon the state of dialogue in sci-fi films today.
Did you have any particular favourites for the month of September thus far, or from way back in August which may be a distant memory? What should I check out since I’ve been on my little hiatus? Let me know in a comment below!