About the author
My name is Anna and I’m a twenty-something with a passion for film, from Melbourne, Australia. I work as a counsellor with kids/adolescents and families who are victims of trauma, and am currently studying a Masters of Social Work. In my spare time, I watch as many films as I can and really love writing about them! I also read voraciously and watch videos of cats on Youtube.
About the blog
Film Grimoire is my blog where you can find my film reviews. Be they high class or low brow, this blog explores films of all sizes and target audiences. Please enjoy and feel free to comment with your own opinions!
Regular features on Film Grimoire
Expect a new post here every two days! Posts usually come under any of the following categories:
○ Film reviews.
○ Quick-shot reviews, which are significantly shorter in length compared to my regular reviews.
○ Occasional photo posts to illustrate the beautiful aesthetics of certain films.
○ Occasional posts on television shows.
○ “Is it worth paying for a ticket?” – I’ll tell you whether a film currently in cinemas is worth the $$$$ for a ticket.
○ Search & Rescue – I respond to/assist with search terms for this blog that are strangely specific.
○ Thoughts On Film – A usually fairly short and random collection of thoughts that I’ve had during certain films.
○ Monthly Favourites – A collection of my favourite articles and blogging events each month, which intends to showcase the work of amazing and inspiring bloggers on WordPress and beyond.
All opinions are my own. None of my reviews are sponsored, but some links may be affiliate links. Some reviewed films may have been sent for consideration. The beautiful header and background were created by the amazingly talented artist Nicholas Stevenson, who is represented by Folio. The social media icons are from GreenLeaf Imaging.